For Whom Clients
Forever more people, in particular in the modern working world, are looking for guidance and support when there is a need for clarification, improvement and change in their working and private lives. I link together neurolinguistic, systemic and therapeutic methods to a pragmatic, effective and sustainable counselling concept. My work as a coach and management counsellor is concentrated, above all, on construction designers and planning companies. Beneficial has proven to be, apart from my professional training and experience as a coach, my long-standing experience as an architect and manager in my own reputable construction design company.
As part of the quality assurance of my services I regularly take part in training programmes. I am a member of the Chamber of Architects in Hesse, the Federation of Consulting Engineers, the German Association for Coaching and Training (dvct) and in the Network Expression Painters.
I support my clients in establishing organisational structures as well as communication, learning and working cultures in the construction planning office. My coaching helps the constant flux to be accepted in the organisation as a continuous learning process and, in short-duration consultation sessions, guide it through significant processes of change. Employees develop an awareness to perceive the skills and requirements of the others, to learn from and with each other, to increase personal competence and interconnect with each other.
As a coach I do not offer prefabricated answers but allow my clients to define their own goals and find their own way to an end. Naturally it has to do with the sustainable development of long-term personal skills.
I offer one-to-one as well as team coaching and counselling.
I offer coaching and counselling for
- The self-employed construction design engineer or those who wish to become one
- Executives in a construction design company, e.g. in design and management
- Employees at all levels of hierarchy, e.g. in design and business administration
- Occupational entrants, novices and re-entrants
- Job climbers
- Design teams in construction design companies
- Business administrational teams in construction design companies
People who have gone through a process of coaching profit differently from it:
- They live deliberately
- They know their own abilities and needs
- They can access their resources and vitality
- They are empathic in dealing with others
- They treat themselves and others with esteem
- They are able to lead a self-determined life
- They possess a sense of direction and clarity
- They recognise alternatives and make deliberate decisions
- They are creative in many areas of their lives
- They set themselves goals and reach them
- They makes their dreams come true
- They are successful
- They are on top of the world
Coaching and consulting are useful and in many cases helpful when falling questions which are office related as well as in a personal construction design context.
In such cases it may have to do with the following:
Forming and implementing office-related processes of evolution
- Mastering situations of turmoil and transformation, e.g. restructuring of the office organisation
- Developing new perspectives for the office. E.g. market-focussed outlook
Forming and implementing new team structures
- Team analysis – team development – team counselling
- Where do I stand within my team, what does the team think of me?
- Supporting the reactivation of slackened motivation
- Supporting the rediscovery of lost resources
- Implementing mutual performance requirements
Forming and implementing personal development
- Where am I in my organisation – self-assessment
- Development of new occupational and personal future: What is the outlook, job and private
- Role counselling, e.g. when taking on a new leading position
- Guidance and support in a new assignment
- Acquiring new skills
Forming and implementing a well-balanced work/life balance
- A question of life-style and of the right balance in various facets of life
- Understanding and solving problems at work
- Resilience training
- Learning and training in new behaviour and social skills
The methodology and methods within the process of coaching and counselling are directed towards my clients’ requirements as well as being based on the desired goals.
I offer the following formats:
Stays in a studio for expression painting for individuals or groups (max. 5 people)
The duration of such sessions, workshops and stays in a studio for expression painting as well as the total duration of a coaching and counselling course can be individually determined and combined with all formats.
In addition I offer free-style or theme-based painting in a studio for individuals or groups upon prior arrangement.
For the time being I also offer open studio appointments.
I use the latest research findings from different areas:
Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) is held to be the most important concept for changes and communication. The “programming” is created by interaction between the brain (neuro), language (linguistic) and the body.
The systemic approach views problems as happenings in which various interacting people are involved. Interference and events are therefore regarded in a social context. Systemic thinking has opened up further areas of activity from the family environment to the development of organisations.
The stays in the studio for expression painting are not for learning painting techniques nor are they meant to instruct on the making of art. It is more an invitation to take on a discovery of yourself. Whoever is able to open themselves up to intuitive painting can hope to gain self-knowledge.
With my membership in the German Association for Coaching and Training (dvct) I have committed myself to the ethical principles of these association:
With my support in coaching, training and management consultancy, my clients receive important tools for their own progress and to motivate teams towards success.
Highly productive motivated teams and groups are undisputed and today, more than ever, a key factor for the success of a company. Synergy-capable teams have their ears to the ground and are as interested in attaining excellent results as is management. Many a time even unavailable resources can be compensated for – in times of an increasing lack of qualified workers an additional opportunity. Highly productive teams can do more than the sum of the each individual team member and distinguish themselves through a high level of creativity in ideas and solutions, productive use of their strengths, unerring planning as well as efficient and effective realisation of work assignments. This does not have to be left up to pure chance but can be effectively and quickly promoted using the right course set by executives and management.
Atelier Expression Painting
The expression painting that I do in my studio is based on a process-oriented and appreciative methodology without set guidelines developed by Laurence Fotheringham.
This approach stands for a permissive and supportive setting that puts the painter in a position to be intuitive and free, without measure and without interference, to “retrieve inward resources” and confront it with artistic measures.
Autonomous creative work often forms an important contribution to a continual process of self-exploration.
As coach and painting accompaniment I support the painter in preserving their inward framework and focus, dive deep into their personality and, after the completion of their painting, integrate the experience gained in painting into their consciousness.
The paintings will get neither analysed nor interpreted nor judged by their artistic value. Artistic knowledge is not a prerequisite.
The whole preciousness of the painting remains in the possession of the painter.
Guidelines for a Visit to the Painting Studio
- There are no good or bad paintings
- There is nothing wrong
- No one will judge the paintings
- No one will interpret the paintings
- No one will pressurise
- In this place everyone will find their own rhythm
- Relaxation is welcome
- Everyone takes on responsibility for their own painting
- There is enough time to make your own decisions
- You may paint your special paintings
- Everyone will be taken seriously
- Everyone will be supported
- No one will be left on their own
- We will all respect each other
- In the studio we act as a group and you are part of it
- The studio is a sheltered room, a place you can count on where everyone is safe
Consulting Process Phases
My coaching and counselling usually entails four phases each of different duration and intensity that lead on from each other.
- Getting to know each other personally
- Thorough contractual clarification with discussion on concerns and the definition of goals, signing of contract between me and the client
- Implementation phase as the active process of achieving the goals where new topics may surface
- Review and reflection, explanation of the accomplished and the outcomes as well as a hypothetical view into the future
The appointments for coaching and counselling can be held at my client’s as an in-house workshop alternatively at my office in Darmstadt or in the south Baden town of Bad Krozingen near Freiburg.
Remuneration is dependent on the total extent and individual wishes of the clients for their individual coaching and counselling units.
In a first confidential and informal talk I can answer all of your initial questions free of charge.
UtePfeifer Coaching Workshops
Dipl.-Ing. Ute Pfeifer
Qualified Architect / Professional Certified Coach
Consulting Engineer VBI
Heidelberger Strasse 14
64283 Darmstadt / Germany
Phone: +49 6151 3627-0
Fax: +49 6151 3627-22
79189 Bad Krozingen near Freiburg / Breisgau /Germany
Phone: +49 (0) 7633 908-770
Fax: +49 (0) 7633 2123
Painting workshops are only offered here.